How we keep your personal information safe and secure,
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way. We review our procedures regularly.
As data controllers, GPs have fair processing responsibilities under the UK GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018. This means ensuring that your personal confidential data (PCD) is handled in ways that are safe, transparent and what you would reasonably expect.
Mereside Medical Privacy Poster
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice Privacy Notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information please visit the practice.
ICO (Information Commissioner Office) Data Protection Registration Number
- Z7263132 (Haddenham)
- Z8406116 (Staploe)
- ZA127341 (Cathedral)
Data Controller contact details
The Practice Manager, Haddenham Surgery, The Green, Haddenham, CB6 3TA
The Practice Manager, Staploe Medical Centre, Brewhouse Lane, Soham, CB7 5JD
The Practice Manager, Cathedral Medical Centre, Lynn Road, Ely, CB6 1DN
Email address for all Practices: email@example.com
Email address to submit Subject Access Requests to, acording to the policy above: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough ICB, Gemini House, Bartholomews Walk, Cambridgeshire Business Park, Ely, CB7 4EA
Email address: email@example.com