You can self-refer for Insomnia, Mental Health, Minor Eye Conditions, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry.
Sleepstation is a new digital screening and support service for people experiencing sleep problems.
There is lots of help and support available including a full online programme of CBTi (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for insomnia).
To self-refer to Sleepstation, please follow this link – https://www.sleepstation.org.uk/start-now/
* Please note that Sleepstation is not suitable for people who are:
– under 18 years of age
– already undergoing CBT with another provider
– those with epilepsy, very severe untreated anxiety, schizophrenia or other psychotic spectrum disorders
Keep Your Head brings together reliable information on mental health and wellbeing for children, young people and adults across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, including details of how you can self-refer for support.
Minor Eye Conditions Service
The MEC service treats conditions which do not necessarily need specialist hospital examinations, in convenient locations for the patient, and is carried out by specially trained Optometrists. To see what conditions they can treat, please view https://primaryeyecare.co.uk/services/minor-eye-conditions-service/
In order to book an appointment, please contact the participating Optometry Practice of your choice. They will typically be able to offer you an appointment within a week of you contacting them, or they will direct you to another participating practice. This is an NHS service available within several local optometry practices.
Anyone aged over 18 can now refer themselves for Physiotherapy. DynamicHealth (part of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust) offers direct and easy access to an experienced physiotherapist regarding problems relating to bones, joints and soft tissue.
You can you can complete a self-referral form at www.eoemskservice.nhs.uk/physiotherapy-self-referral. If you are aged 16 or 17 years, or need support self-referring for physiotherapy, please call 0300 555 0123 and their administrators will be able to give you a paper form.
NHS podiatry treatment in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is currently available to those who fall into either of the following groups:
- People who have a medical condition which can make the feet more vulnerable to complications such as infections and ulcers and who require treatment for a foot condition. Examples include diabetes, circulatory disorders, inflammatory arthritis, low immunity.
- People who require a specific type of treatment for their foot ailment such as foot surgery for minor foot deformities, nail surgery for ingrown toenails, or a gait assessment for foot problems which may require insoles.
***Please note they are unable to provide NHS care for people who require nail cutting only***
Self-referral: You are able to self-refer directly into the podiatry service, you do not need to visit your GP.
Please click the following link and complete the Online Podiatry Referral Form. https://www.cpft.nhs.uk/service-detail/service/podiatry-99/ The referral form is halfway down the page under referral information.
If you would like to know more about the Feet Focus Community Foot Care Service please call or email the Podiatry service.