How to order a repeat prescription.
You can order a repeat prescription as follows:
- Order online, through SystmOnline (apply for access here), or through your NHS account*
- If you do not yet have a SystmOnline account, then you can still submit a request through askmyGP
- Unfortunately due to high call volumes we cannot accept repeat prescription requests over the phone at Staploe and Haddenham dispensaries. At Cathedral Medical Centre we do still offer restricted hours in which repeats can be requested over the phone by patients who do not have access to the internet.
- Cathedral Medical Centre: 01353 669923 option 1, 10am -12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
Please only order a repeat prescription when you have 7 days of medication remaining, as this allows for any medication reviews that may be required before issuing your next medication.
*Please note we cannot provide technical support for your NHS account or the NHS App.
Both Staploe and Haddenham are “Dispensing Practices”. This means that if you live more than one mile from a Pharmacy, we can provide you with your medication at the practice Dispensary. Patients who live within one mile of any Pharmacy must collect their medication from a Pharmacy. This includes all Cathedral Medical Centre patients.
Your prescription will be ready for collection 5 working days after your order has been received. The dispensary teams have now introduced an SMS service. If we have a mobile phone number on file for you, your Dispensary will send a text to you to let you know when you medication is ready for collection.
Staploe Medical Centre Dispensary – 01353 624122
Staploe Dispensary is open at the following times:
- Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7.00pm
- Saturday 8.30am – 1pm
- Sunday CLOSED
The Practice Dispensary at Staploe Medical Centre is able to provide our village patients with their medicines. Details of collection points are available from the reception desk. A home delivery service for the elderly and housebound is available to the residents of our surrounding villages.
Haddenham Surgery Dispensary – 01353 740205
Haddenham Dispensary is open at the following times:
- Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Weekends CLOSED
In addition, we offer a weekly prescription collection service from our Stretham Branch, every Wednesday, 9.30am – 11.30am.
You may also request a repeat prescription at Haddenham only using the repeat ordering slip on your previous prescription. Please leave it at the surgery or post it to us.
We have a duty to review your health and medicines regularly. We will let you know if you need to make an appointment for a medication review with either our Clinicians, Medicines Technicians or Clinical Pharmacists.
If you need urgent advice about your medication outside our surgery hours, please call NHS 111.
NHS prescription charges and exemptions
- a 3-month PPC costs £31.25
- a 12-month PPC is £111.60
- a 12-month PPC for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) only is £19.30
If you don’t need a standard prepayment Certificate, but do require regular HRT presciptions, you may also now purchase a separate HRT prepayment certificate. See here for more information about how to buy it and which HRT medications are covered.